Use the Wheel of Life
to know yourself better
Take a good look at the wheel of life (if you want you can download this picture below), at the 12 areas of your life and make an evaluation. Define with a number from 1 (deeply unsatisfied) to 10 (absolutely perfect), how satisfied you feel in each area of the wheel, in each area of your life.
The measurement criteria is based on the vision you have for you life, what you want to achieve in all the area mentioned: your desire, your vision about your life and your fulfillment.
I would like to suggest a change in paradigm when it comes to the definition of success. When you consider each area of your life take two extra steps before you give a number to your lever of satisfaction:
1- Breath deeply 3-5 times, feel your body, the sensations, the tensions or whatever else there is to feel in your body. This bring you deeply in contact with yourself and this is the place you can really feel how satisfied you are with an area of your life;
2- Envision what would make you really happy in that area of your life. I mean happy that your heart would rejoice and you couldn't stop smiling.
Take the time to do this, even if it means it will take longer to finish the all the wheel.
Now that you have drawn and filled in your wheel of life, I invite you to answer some questions to deepen your reflection. When you reflect you connect the dots and thoughts become clearer, solutions become visible, motivation arises and you know what's the next step for you. This is why we do it!
Questions can be difficult or feel confronting, but remember that this true only of the best questions, the ones that is worth answering, the questions that brings you further.
What was your experience like in filling in this "wheel of life"?
• How do you feel about what you have discovered?
• What thoughts have been triggered by working with the wheel?
• What surprised you the most?
• What are you most worried about?
• What have you learned about your personal talents and your unique strength?
• What is the most relevant discovery you made in this process of self-coaching?
• How does this discovery influence your life from now on?
• What needs immediate attention in your life?
• In light of everything that you found out, filling in the wheel of life and answering these questions, what is your biggest desire? The most important and most relevant to your happiness?
Give yourself the time to answer these questions. This is a meditative process bringing you more and more inside yourself to become more and more yourself, who you really are in essence.
Allow the unfolding of the process and welcome the inspiration you will get, the clarity of view on how things area really going in your life at the moment.