Another one of my favorite, from the not sitting still kind of meditation, is using music. You may actually also sit still for this one, however, that is not required, you may move slightly on your chair and even stand up and move more widely.
There is also a dancing meditation that I will write about in the future, but this meditation with music is really just focusing on the music and how the listening of music can enhance the experience of perceiving ourselves.
Every music could be used, some sort of music pieces are more commonly used, I will go as far as getting you started with my lists of favorites (see link below), however, it is all about you experiencing you. Feel free to follow your intuition, allow experiments, be playful with the experience, be kind to yourself.
Meditating using music is allowing the music to facilitate the contact between you and yourself. Let the music trigger your emotions, your spirit and your mind.
The instructions are rather simple:
- Choose a music of your liking;
- Find a nice place where you can listen that music (consider a comfortable sitting or laying position);
- Determine a time you are going to do this experience and make sure you won't get disturbed;
- Enjoy the experience;
- Reflect on the experience;
- Try it again, this time maybe also involving others.
My meditation music
I would be thrilled to hear about your experience with this kind of meditation, so, if you like, please drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org